As the 2023 general and presidential elections draw closer, a group under the banner, “Majority bloc of the Liberty Party Youth League”, has declared Liberty Party National Chairman Musa Bility “WANTED”.
In a statement issued on Wednesday, September 8, 2021, the group said the Majority Members of the Liberty Party Youth Congress herein, and with immediate effect, remorselessly declare partisan Musa H. Bility, National Chairman of the Liberty Party, WANTED for illegal and nefariously altering the Party’s Constitution, in order to please his political interest at the detriment of the improvised partisans whose hopes and dreams appear to be unachieved.
According to them, Musa Bility and what they referred to as his cartel of gangsters, unlawfully and allegedly altered “Article 6.1 of the Revised Constitution 2021” of the Liberty Party.
They noted that article 6.1 of the Revised Constitution 2021 states that “The Standard Bearer or Political Leader, in consultation and collaboration with the National Executive Committee-NEC, shall formulate policy and procedures to implement the decision of the National Convention, call special convention as provided for in article VIII, and take such order actions and proper measures that he/she may deem as necessary to advance the best interest of the party.” They further noted that Bility criminally changed it to “The National Executive Committee-NEC, in consultation and collaboration with the Political Leader or Standard Bearer, shall formulate policy and procedures to implement the decision of the National Convention, call special convention as provided in ARTICLE VIII, and take such order actions and proper measures that he/she may deem necessary to advance the best interest of the party.”
Meanwhile, the group, having declared Chairman Bility WANTED for allegedly, illegally, and unlawfully altering Article 6.1 of the Party’s Revised Constitution 2021, issued a partisan arrest for the LP Chairman. They claimed that diehard partisans and stewards are mandated to lawfully arrest the living body of Chairman Musa H. Bility and subsequently turn him over to the Liberia National Police for criminal investigation and potential prosecution by the Court, in keeping with the laws of the country.
At the same time, they said a majority of the members of the National Youth Congress unanimously signed a Vote of No Confidence for partisans Onesimus K. James, Chairman of the Gallant National Youth Congress and Anthony Cooper, National Vice Chair for Administration, based on the following counts:
- Onesimus K. James alleged association with Chairman Musa H. Bility in criminally manipulating the Party’s Revised Constitution Of 2021.
- The refusal of its Chairman to convene a National Executive Committee meeting on a regular basis, which is a flagrant violation of the party’s constitution.
- The exposure of the Youth Congress to public ridicule and denigrating by its chairman, Onimenus James.
- The unilateral commitment of the Youth Congress by its Chairman, after receiving a huge sum of money from the Alternative National Congress’s Standard Bearer, Alexander Benedict Cummings, to support his candidacy for the would-be Standard Bearer of the Collaborating Political Parties, come 2023
- The administrative ineptitude and inability on the parts of Mr. Onesimus K. James, National Chairman of the Gallant National Youth Congress of the Liberty Party & Anthony Cooper, National Vice Chair For Administration.
- The singlehanded running of the Youth Congress by its Chairman.